I had the Tea. Sip. Sip.
So.. I have tried this Spearmint Tea thing. I can honestly say it's worked in MINIMAL ways. I feel depending on your level of hormonal issues, the tea will work more or less on a each person. So I'm going to give you a list of what I did in the process of drinking this Spearmint Tea.
1. So like anyone else doing research on how to reduce the growth on excessive hair. I came across the Spearmint Tea trend. I think it's still a trend today, as your reading this, for some reason... So you're supposed to drink a fresh cup of spearmint tea twice a day and start seeing somewhat of a change within 2 to 4 weeks. I decided to try this method and see what it would do for me.
2. I couldn't find a grocery store to save my life, just to buy the Spearmint Tea bags??? I must of went to Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Luckys, pretty much all of California's Bay area stores you can think of. I wasted plenty of gas, more than I anyone would want to. So I end up buying a bag of dried spearmint leaves straight from the source. It was home grown from some place in the middle of nowhere, off of Etsy. The seller claimed that their leaves were organic, which sound pretty good to me. So I bought it for like 13 bucks, that provided a good amount that would last about 4 months.
3. Once I got the bag in the mail, I immediately started that night. I figured that I might as well begin the process, I didn't want to be one of those people who say they will start something, waste money, and never start ever. The motivation behind this is that I have a problem and I'm tired of looking at it.
4. After 3 weeks of drinking this damned tea, I can say that I did see somewhat of a change. The only thing was that it slowed down the hair growth (which I expected). I normally would shave like ever 2-3 days and then it became 4-5. That's good and all, but to me that was not enough. Just ungrateful... -_('-')_-
5. I continued to drink the tea for another 3 months. There wasn't much of a change from before, as though my body had regulated the chemical change from the tea. At this point I was so done with drinking it anyway. It never really taste good to began with, weather I put honey in it or not. I had to come up with a plan. At the same time I was just hoping, maybe, shaving my face could stretch another 2 days.
6. I finally came up with an excuse to stop drinking the tea. I got Pregnant! This had to have been the only thing saving my taste buds from another day of this mayhem. For those of you who don't know. Your not supposed to drink Spearmint Tea while pregnant, because obviously it promotes hormonal changes. You don't want that to effect your baby.
I think having a baby, did me more justice on reducing the growth then the tea did to be honest. I was able to compare that much. I didn't have to shave for 1 or so weeks at a time.
7. How long are you supposed to be drinking this tea any way? If it's forever, that is not a route, road, street, that I'd like to take. You really can get sick of drinking this mess. It doesn't hurt to experiment though.
So that was my experience with the tea. Hope you enjoyed the read!
Sip, Sip, Pass